Methinks I am in lovveeee!!! So I was on Sephora.com looking through their sale items...when I decided to click on this loose powder. Usually I'm not interested in the Sephora house brand at all. I usually just stick with my Urban Decay & MUFE. But then I saw the reviews and the price ($10) and was like, hmm, maybe I'll pick it up for fun next time I'm in....which was the next day. muwahahaha I had gotten a $15 off gift card from Sephora which was only valid if my purchase was $40 or more. So I bought my Urban Decay Surreal Mineral Makeup as usual ($30) and thought I may as well give this a try. If I didn't like, it was only $10...AND Sephora has a bombass return policy, so whatev's!
Mineral Loose Powder Foundation (Original Price $18)
What it is:
A hydrating, 97-percent-mineral foundation that creates a matte, flawless, natural-looking finish.
What it does:
Achieve beautifully buildable coverage with this versatile complexion-perfecting essential, suited to all skin types. Even out skintone, and conceal blemishes and imperfections with this antioxidant-infused formulation.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Synthetic Fragrances
I purchased this in Medium 25. It kinda looks dark in the container, but it actually blends in quite well to my skin tone. Right now I'm going from my summer color of NC30 to NC25, so this is perfect for someone in-between (or on the darker side of NC25, lighter side of NC30). PICTURE WHORING TIME, WHOOO!
|It is, what it is. Hmm, hydrating? Me likes. 8.5g for $10? Me loves!|
|Did you read that?! No parabens, fragrance, allergens, or talc! SOLD!|
|Medium 25 - No flash|
|Medium 25 - with flash|
|The bare naked face. I know, makeup does miracles. That's why I wear it bitch!|
|Whoo! Blemishes & redness, GONE! Even skin tone, all for $10. :)|
|Ninja-turtle smilin with the completed face for work - added blush, liner, & mascara.|
|I freaking lahveee how fresh it makes my face look!|
|Umm...and then I decided to chop off some bangs. Fucked up looking every time, but they grow out nicely. :D|
- I love the finish. Not totally matte like how it says, but I love that b/c it really makes my face look fresh. Couldn't stop lookin at my skin in the mirror. Yeah kittens, it was that awesome.
- Undertones are warmer to neutral, definitely not cool-toned. Usually it's pretty hard to find something that matches to my skin tone, but this is the closest I've ever come. HELLS YEAHHH! I've also heard of some cool-toned ladies saying it also works for them. :)
- Coverage is awesome. Remember I have redness, uneven skin tone, & pitted scarring on my cheeks. Covered it all in two sweeps.
- Doesn't look cakey when building up for coverage...which is strange because every other mineral foundation I've tried tends to cake up after awhile.
- Uhhh, it's $10!
- Good for normal to combo skinned people. Not sure about you dry folks yet because my skin hasn't been too dry lately. Which leads me to say:
- This stuff is hydrating! I keep saying "strange", but it IS strange because I've never had a mineral powder that actually is hydrating! You know how you wear some that just make you look fucken 80 the next morning or after you take it off? (well in my experience anyway) ... this stuff is amazeballs! My skin is really hydrated after I take it off, and it makes my skin soooo softttttt.
- So far, has not irritated my skin or made me break out (knock on wood).
- Looks beautiful in person but....
- The dewiness the foundation gives off can sometimes translate as oiliness in certain cameras. On my digi & in person, my skin looks fresh & nice. Cell phone cam though, it looks oily. :(
- Oily skinned folks, if you wanna try this, better mix some good oil control powder in it because although it tended to keep the oil at bay, you could kind of see the oil through the powder! Strange and hard to explain, like the oil was kinda there after a couple of hours of wear, but if I patted at my skin, there was no oil! I'd probably mix in my MAC Prep+Prime powder to mattify my t-zone area more...also some good shit I have to do a review on.